Criminal Employee Spotlight- VICKIE DENTLER

VICKIE DENTLER HAS SPENT TWO DECADES LEARNING
MANY WAYS TO SERVE CUSTOMERS AND COMMUNITY

On her birthday 23 years ago, Vickie Dentler was hired by District Clerk in the family records section, which was then located in the Old Red Courthouse. Since then, her experiences and skills have expanded to billing, investment clerk, criminal copy clerk and finally appeals section. Hired in the criminal area first as an expunction clerk, non-disclosure procedures were added to her duties. Additionally, she orders supplies for the Felony section of the District Clerk’s operations, a large responsibility.

Vickie says that one of her greatest challenges is processing the constantly increasing filings of expunctions and non-disclosures and staying current meeting deadlines in notifying affected agencies. Vickie performs these procedures while also assisting the general public, attorney walk-ins and customer on the phone.

“Scanning documents and notifying agencies electronically about expunctions and non-disclosures have made my job easier and enabled me to provide more efficient service to agencies, general public and attorneys,” says Vickie. “I strive to do my best and handle each case very carefully because I realize people’s livelihoods are in my hands. Their ability to obtain employment, housing, and other necessities is contingent on how I do my job, so I want to make it as easy as possible for these people. One of the many rewarding aspects of my job is knowing that I have helped many people get through difficult times.”

“My advice to any new clerk in any area would be to do whatever it takes to do the best possible, give the best service possible and to learn a lot about computer technology because that is such a large part of almost all jobs today.”

Born in Ft. Worth, Vickie moved with her family to Long Beach, California, then to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and finally back to Texas when she was nine. She spent the rest of her childhood in Lancaster, Texas, where she graduated from high school in June 1986.

“Seeing the evidence of mistakes other people have made in their lives every day has given me a more mature personal attitude as well as professional experience over the years,” adds Vickie. “My work has helped me treasure every moment I am blessed to have with my husband, daughter, family and friends.”

Her biggest joy is spending time with her husband, Richard, and her 16-year-old daughter, Kayla, and their pets. Vickie also shares numerous school and church activities with Kayla, including varsity volleyball and dance classes. Vickie is involved in The Promise Church in DeSoto, where she coordinates audio/visual operations services and participates in a praise and worship dance group.

HOME

© 2009, Designed by: Brittny Owens